Rotate Text (2D)

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use the DrawText function to draw some rotated text, however I see that it doesn't take a rotation parameter. Is there an easy way to quickly execute this functionality or would I have to edit the source code to add it myself?

mj
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM
You would have to use the glRotate functions yourself to rotate the text - drawtext is a very thin wrapper around the ogl functions which don't support it themselves, they require you transform the matrices yourself ;)
Mar 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Can I use glRotate myself to rotate the text? I'm new to OpenGL and it was my understanding that the ogl functions draw everything using glBitmap which does not respond to the transformation functions.
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
You can't use glRotate to rotate the text, I've done a bit of research. OpenGL is just going to draw pixels for the text - essentially the only thing you can do at this stage is try and render the text to textures and rotate the geometry the texture is on, which is lot more work - or use 3D drawtext..

On 14 March 2013 20:15, jaskiewiczm <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can I use glRotate myself to rotate the text? I'm new to OpenGL and it was my understanding that the ogl functions draw everything using glBitmap which does not respond to the transformation functions.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpgl@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpgl@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com