Error loading dll

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I am doing some experiments with SharpGL,, and here is some issues I am dealing with:

1. After adding references, I did not see where I can get OpenGLControl

2. The error: The type or name spacename 'SharpGL' could not be found (are you missing directive or assembly reference) comes up even I am sure that I've added DLL already

3. When I tried to use source code from examples, Controls on Toolbox were disabled

Anyone know how to fix this kind of things? Any help will be highly appreciated.

P/S: Sorry, I am new to C#, and new to SharpGL as well :)

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I think I had the same error. Try changing the target framework in the properties of you project (application tab) to .NET Framework 4 (instead of .NET Framework 4 Client Profile).

hth

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Thanks very much Lemuck, it works now, but I still didn't see OpenGLControl. In the meanwhile, what can I can do now is reusing the code from examples to generate the OpenGLcontrol. By the way, I am trying to load a 3D file (like: VRML, obj, ply) onto my application using SharpGL. Do you have any idea abt this?

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Hi dongnt, I'm currently working on code to allow *.obj files to be imported, this should be done in the next couple of weeks so I'll keep you updated.

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Hi, dwmkerr. After loading dll files, I still can not see OpenGLControl. Could you tell me where can I get it plz?

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I think OpenGLControl should be in Toolbox so there could be some problems when adding dll files. Does any one face this problem? plz help

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM

i had the same thing a work arouind is to add it to the toolbox, for some reasion in visual studio  any contols that you add from a dll wont be added to the toolbox its not a dll issue, it is a VS210 issue.

1:  right click the tool box

2:  click choose items...

3: click Browse...

4: browse file location 

this will add the contrls to any dll that is refrenced

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM

CKY thanks for this answer - I'll write up an FAQ and put this issue in the documentation section