This project is read-only.

Is there a way to get text to print out onto the OpenGL control in WPF?

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I am writing wpf app and need to print text out through openGL, I've seen it done using glut but was hoping there was a way to do it with SharpGL.

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Currently only available my dev version, the formal version of 2.0 (released in a couple of weeks) will support this - I'll update you soon!

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Thanks! Can't Wait.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi Knoxie, just a heads up - I'm doing the text rendering sample now - once it's done i'll let you know so you can get the code, before I do all the documentation etc for SharpGL 2.0 (which may take some time!)

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

It would also be nice to be able to draw text at a specific XYZ coordinate in World Space, not just in screen space.  (This is relatively easy - the same code could work, but not push the matrices...)

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hi,

If you need 3D text right away, download http://sharpgl.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/12312 (changeset 12312) and open Samples.sln - the TextRenderingSample renders 3D text on to the screen - position it how you want, specify your own extrusion, font etc etc - it may change slightly before SGL 2.0 but if you need it now I've checked it in for you :)

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM

AWESOME! Thanks I'll give it a try.