OpenGLControl and SceneControl not working. Nothing is..

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:07 PM

When I use any reference to SharpGL, I get the "The type or name spacename 'SharpGL' could not be found (are you missing directive or assembly reference".

I "fixed" that by switching to .NET Framework 4, but then when the solution reloads I get "Object of type SharpGL.SceneGraph.IInteractable[] cannot be converted to type 'SharpGL.SceneGraph.IInteractable[]." in the WinForm Designer and it refuses to load it. If I ignore it, the SceneControl vanishes and I can't delete it.

I can't use the normal OpenGLControl either, it throws an exception right in the designer and writes out "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack trace: at SharpGL.OpenGLControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)". I tried all this with the SharpGL 2.0 Beta 1.

I can't even get the - what I think is - the latest source code to build (Someone here suggested to download the latest source).

I'm sorry to be a bother, but could someone please point me to a version that works? I am new to all this "fetch a source, build for yourself" and using the pre-built dlls creates an extremely broad palette of problems that I have no hope of solving.

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I'm sorry you're having problems with SharpGL, I've been away over december and am now back in the UK - very soon I will have 2.0 full released, this will be stable with more documentation - I'll update this thread then

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Thank you.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I have the same  Porblem with SharpGLControl    

what can I do????????

Thanks  in advanc