This project is read-only.

Extension function glGenFramebuffersEXT not supported

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Hi Dave,

thanks for posting SharpGL. I may sound like a twat but I get this error

Extension function glGenFramebuffersEXT not supported

(running VS10 with your extensions...)

One sample program works: TwoDSample, the others all throw that error.

Have I missed something in the install or do i need some opengl support? which I may not have...

Cheers,
Cam 

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi CamCam,

You're graphics card drivers don't support the function glGenFramebuffersEXT - so in any sample application that's not working, go to the OpenGL control, select it, under 'properties' there's a property called 'RenderContextProvider' change it from FBO (a hardware accelerated context that uses glGenFramebuffersEXT) to 'DIBSection' - DIBSection'll work on ANY card. :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Thanks Dave,

I discovered that out of the box installation of windows 7 uses a generic WDM microsoft driver that does not support OpenGL.

Updating the driver fixed all the issues. Thanks for your support :)

Cam

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM

No problems Cam, glad to be of help :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hi Dave,

Now I am working on a SharpGL project using Visual Studio 2010. When I tried to run a sample project from VS 2010, I met a same problem CamCam had before.

I have updated my display driver but what I wanna ask you is how do I change FBO value to DIBSection (for RenderContextProvider part)?

I still can't find the OpenGL control on VS 2010 you mentioned earlier above. Perhaps you can show me the step-by-step solution for this. I am not used to VS 2010 tools so I got a little lost here. By the way, my graphic card is SiS Mirage 3 Graphics. Not a very good one for computer graphics.

Anyway, thank you for your concern.

Evorio

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:50 AM
dwmkerr wrote:
Hi CamCam, You're graphics card drivers don't support the function glGenFramebuffersEXT - so in any sample application that's not working, go to the OpenGL control, select it, under 'properties' there's a property called 'RenderContextProvider' change it from FBO (a hardware accelerated context that uses glGenFramebuffersEXT) to 'DIBSection' - DIBSection'll work on ANY card. :)
Hi Dave,
 In the Tools. I still can't find the OpenGL control on VS 2010  

Can you give detailed steps?Where to find OpenGL control?
Sep 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Evorio wrote:
Hi Dave, Now I am working on a SharpGL project using Visual Studio 2010. When I tried to run a sample project from VS 2010, I met a same problem CamCam had before.   I have updated my display driver but what I wanna ask you is how do I change FBO value to DIBSection (for RenderContextProvider part)?   I still can't find the OpenGL control on VS 2010 you mentioned earlier above. Perhaps you can show me the step-by-step solution for this. I am not used to VS 2010 tools so I got a little lost here. By the way, my graphic card is SiS Mirage 3 Graphics. Not a very good one for computer graphics. Anyway, thank you for your concern.   Evorio
Hi,

depending on the Version you set up to use, you might also run into backward compatibility problems.

see:
https://sharpgl.codeplex.com/discussions/567675

Cheers Thomas