Exception when drawing text

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:05 AM
I have a WPF application that draws a 3D surface map using VBOs. I have that working and drawing and drawing axes and grids. However, when I try to draw the axes labels using DrawText3D I get an exception. Event viewer shows this: Faulting module name: nvoglv32.DLL, version: 7.15.11.144, time stamp: 0x46733862

The odd thing is I can view the SharpGL text demos. I am only seeing this on a few computers.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Sounds like a nasty issue - I'm not convinced it's necessarily a SharpGL bug, it seems like it might be incompatibilities between different drivers. Do the text demos work on the failing machines?
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I don't think it is a SharpGL bug. That's what is really odd, the WPF text demos work, but my WPF application doesn't. To do the drawing I open up a new window within my application, so I am wondering if it has something to do with that. If I search for the error message that displays in Google I see it referenced in posts dealing with Adobe products as well.

I was more posting out of hope that someone else had seen something similar and had a magic cure for me. :)
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Oh well, I'm afraid the best I can do is wish you good luck with the bug hunting cause I'm not sure how I'd even reproduce the issue! Fingers crossed someone else will have seen it.